Trees

19/08/2018

Pride Rock is a big pile of rocks nearby.

Today we got out and climbed Pride Rock, MAN it felt good to get moving and working before the heat. Will have to try for morning runs in the future. It was definitely more of a climb than I anticipated, but man I haven't just climbed shit in so long! The climb + summit were a huge playground for everyone, jumping around like monkeys, looking in every nook, and just getting out of the Kukuri pen.

The coolest thing was this one 15 ft. tree we found thriving out on a rocky outcropping. It looked strong and green as ever, despite limited space for roots to grow, blustery winds, and an amount of water that could described as non-existent. I gotta channel that tree for the next few months. There won't be many in my village to hold onto for support and the language I'll understand will be small. But I'll be unique, I'll be resilient. People will be interested, and they will give me little, but existent, help. I gotta be strong and make my rocky outcropping home.

Comments