Expectations

31/10/18

I didn't give anything up to be here, I made the choice to be here.

I will never be on the 50 yard line of Lambeau Field,
holding the ball and performing a victory kneel.
I won't make the next great find in the field of metallurgy,
even though my education put that knowledge within me.
A piece of mine will never hand in the Lourve
for watercolors aren't my thing and my brushstrokes aren't smooth.
Never shall I build a house with my bare hands,
maybe never own a house if things remain where they stand.
I won't understand the joy of having a great grandchild.
Settling down is far away, life is fun when it is hectic & wild.
The surface of the Moon will be untouched by these feet,
although floating in low gravity would be pretty sweet.
I will never know how life without electricity feels,
or the inability to get places by a motor and four wheels.
People will never pay to hear me stand and sing,
there are others far better at that sort of thing.
All of these feats, I've come to accept,
I will not accomplish, but not because I am inept.
I've made conscious choices each passing day
to do what I love and lead my life in a positive way.

Comments

  1. Miss yah buddy!
    Really liked this post and love visualizing your experiences there!
    Keep up the great work and adventure.
    -B. Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I can only hope these are as good of reads as they are cathartic for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment