Adulting

16/11/18

It is amazing what happens when a child is given an engaging writing topic.

Discuss how you think like will be different when you are an adult.

For this question, which age would be best to consult?
Six year olds don't really have thoughts of their own,
but eighteen year olds are too experienced and grown.
Somewhere in the middle, an early preteen,
not yet jaded by the world, but can say what they mean.
I graded essays on this theme from 6th grade learners,
the ideas that they wrote were heartwarming page turners.

When I grow up, I want to be a pilot.

Always dream in the clouds, don't let others' doubts keep you quiet.

You will not play anymore as you were playing when you were a child.

I don't think anyone stops playing, the play is less reckless & more mild.

I will love my kids. I will say thank you lord for the blessings.

When it comes to interest in parenthood, they don't keep you guessing.

If it is tweens, we will name them Junior and Queen.

Literally the most baby-crazy middle schoolers I've ever seen.

I will help my daughter with her homework and stuff.

Hopefully now he will focus on his studies, not trying to be tough.

We will go to the park and teach our baby to swim.

The odds of absent parents from this group seems refreshingly slim.

You will also get grey hair and your muscles will be weak.

And your back will always hurt and you joints will always creak!

I just want to show the best for my parents.

This last one made an idea very apparent...
These are all kids, and kids, no matter geography, are all the same.
They want to mirror the lives of those whose genetics they claim.
We all complained at one point about our mom and dad,

But we all want them to be proud of the life that we've had.

Comments