Footrace

26/11/18

I've been doing a lot of running lately.

I want, to organize a race.

It can be 5k, it can be 3k, I want these kids to think it is okay, to throw their hands up and say, this is a beatiful day, and no one else will stand in my way.

I want to organize a race.

This race shouldn't epitomize, the struggle present in some eyes, when maths or English isn't the way you comparmentalize, these two subjects come to demonize, the hours between 7:30 and 13:30 for an otherwise, smart and generous kid who tries.

I want to organize a race.

For the goal is really only one, to spend a say out in the sun, breathing air and having fun, overcoming a challenge while worrying about none, but yourself and crossing that finish line to say you are done.

I want to organize a race.

But what if no one shows to the race, or requests are ignored for the route & space, or a kid doesn't go because his shoes don't lace, even though he probably would have set the pace, or none of these reasons are the real case, and the truth I would have to face.

I, want to organize a race.

Nobody asked for one.

Comments