Rain

04/02/19

It rained and I became a 7 year old again.

Once a clear sunny day,
turns to sporadic filtered rays
scattered across the paver stones
by a hazy blanket of grey.

Thunder rolls in strong,
lightning bolts bright and long,
"we are in for a sprinkle eh?"
I pray they're not wrong.

Four long months in the desert, high
above the sea level with a cloudless sky.
I wish I knew just one song
to get one raindrop let loose and fly.

Down upon this sandy scorched earth,
no matter what the length or girth,
the land would open up and sigh
to appreciate the water for what it's worth.

One drop, two drip, three drop, four,
followed by many many more.
The sky at once begins to give birth
to a torrential rain downpour.

Arm spread wide I walk in,
as if getting soaked could rinse my sin.
2 seconds or 2 hours I still desire more,
but even just a moment is more than a win.

This one day will have to keep me sane
during my next drought and ease the pain.
All that screams from me deep within

is unflinchingly, I miss the rain.

Comments

  1. when it rained in Ghana,
    and I mean RAINED heavily,
    I went out in my front yard
    danced and swirled in it
    until soaked through and through

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment