Found

My naam is Scooter, hoe gaan dit met jou?

10/06/19

When I first came, I felt lost.
Where can I get this? How much does it cost?
Travel an hour to get a D cell battery??
Saying this builds character is false flattery.
Buying duffel bags worth of potatoes
to arrive home with mashed tomatoes.
Is this really the way it goes?
This is like hiking a mountain getting attacked by crows.
Then you spend some time, make some trades,
and avail yourself to provide some aid.
All of a sudden a nightly dinner is cooked
and that person high & low you've looked
has been standing there in front of you.
Their job is to do what you cannot do,
in facct they're a parent of two
of your favorite learners who
excel is Natural Science & English... but I digress
and realize how easily I got out of my mess.
Family and community are so evidently important here
and make the route to success clear.
There's no such thing as making it alone,
reach out to others and make where you stay not just a house, but a home.

Comments