Swimming

8/9/19

Uhhh... follow your dreams. Yeah!


It ain't 2009 no more
and realistically I got a lot to show.
Who would've thought I'd grow up before
I got older than 24?

It was only 10 years behind,
A gangly looking kid who at the time
thought his life would be all fine,
filled with money, women and red wine.

Slowly the self-confidence took a hit,
realizing he didn't know shit
and his intelligence, charisma, and wit
was mediocre... all of it.

But as he got older, he saw it wasn't so bad
and appreciated what he actually had.
A knack of care for others when they're sad,
pick them up, show you got their back.

Cause is not everyday we find loyalty,
our interactions lacking legitimacy.
Sometimes you gotta make someone else see
that they are your one and only.

Now I know that I've gone a long time,
but people back home should know these rhymes
go out to them to show that no matter the crime
you're always gonna be one of mine.

It ain't 2009 no more.
I'm not scared of growing up no more.
Maturing and learning to be better than I was before.
Yeah, I know what's behind that door.

Comments